Often described as 'liquid history', let the Thames lead you on a unique adventure through the heart and history of England. From its quiet source in the Cotswold Hills to the Thames Barrier at Greenwich where river and sea meet, this river of mystery holds many secrets for you to discover and enjoy.
The tranquil river path and the hidden lanes you will ride thread their way through sleepy rural villages and historic towns. Pretty landscapes beckon and royal life abounds as you ride by Windsor Castle, Hampton Court Palace and monarch's gardens. Enjoy the water meadows, old inns, wildlife and the traffic free ride through the heart of London. The Thames source to sea journey is a real classic trodden by many adventurers - come and see what all the fuss is about.
- Price from
- Classic £2,060 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Luxury £3,145 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- There are no extras, however you’ll love what’s included as standard
- 10 nights
- Start & Finish
- starts Wednesdays from Ewen near Cirencester; finishes London. Ewen is a short taxi ride from the mainline station of Kemble which is 1.25 hours from Paddington, London
- Classic hand picked centrally located hotels in London, Oxford, Marlow and Windsor and village inns elsewhere
- Luxury 2 high quality village inns, 5 star hotels in Oxford and London and 4 star hotels elsewhere
- Activity level
- Not so gentle cycling. More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- Electric bikes
- 8 days of cycling 19 - 34 miles (30 - 54 km) per day
- Flat with some slopes on day 6
- Very largely
- Additional nights in London or Cirencester
- Extend your ride to the south coast by taking our Kent Coast to Capital Trip