This remarkable short walk along the Thames explores some of the fantastic history of England from a female perspective - from present day with the fairytale marriage in Windsor of our present Queen's grandson to a beautiful American Actress back in time to all 6 of Henry VIII's wives at Hampton Court, and on to Kew Gardens the site of Kew Palace.
Here is a celebration of royal history. Monarchs built their palaces and planted their gardens along the banks of the River Thames. They hunted on the vast tracts of land surrounding these palaces which remain today as unspoilt royal parks. We have arranged a series of shorter walks so you can experience the sights and smells of quintessential England, as this great river threads its way through sleepy rural villages, pretty landscapes and through the heart of bustling historic towns such as Windsor, Richmond and London, but also with plenty of opportunity for indoor exploring if the weather is unco-operative! Royalty and history beckon, whilst water meadows, old inns, wildlife and weirs lead you serenely on.
- Price from
- Luxury £925 per person based on two people sharing a room. Tour operates November to 31 March
- Extras included
- Entrance to Windsor Castle, Hampton Court, Ham House and Kew Gardens Transfer to the start of your walk on Day 3. Optional transfers to and from Kew Gardens on Day 5. At the end of the trip we will transfer you and your luggage back to Richmond station for a train to Windsor or London. See what’s included as standard
- 4 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts in Windsor on Friday and finishes Richmond station on Tuesday.
- Luxury 4 star hotels in prime locations
- Activity level
- Gentle walking (1) More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- 2 days of walking 4-7 miles (7-12 km) per day and 2 days of optional walking
- almost entirely
- Stay additional nights at any of these locations
- Extend your holiday with a stay in London before or after the tour. Windsor is 50 minutes by train from central London and Richmond is 20 minutes.