The full length of the Thames from its source in the Cotswolds downstream to London and Greenwich includes an amazing array of differing landscapes. From remote and wild pasture meadows to the steeply wooded Chiltern slopes the river threads its way through sleepy rural villages and through the heart of bustling historic towns such as Oxford, Henley and Marlow. Tiny hamlets to the metropolis that is London line the banks of the river as do Windsor Castle and the Tower of London, the palaces at Hampton Court and Greenwich and the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew.
With our knowledge of the Thames we have created an itinerary designed to give you time to enjoy all the delights this great river has to offer. Much of the route is along the Thames Path, but occasionally we will take you along infinitely preferable bridleways which are closer to the river and notably prettier. Threading its course through history and royalty, the Thames provides such a great way to discover the sights and smells of quintessential England. Take in the unsung but very English details that line the river banks, the backwaters and weirs, the wildlife and old dockyards. Walk through the heart of London and the Upper Thames wilderness to discover an England most tourists rarely see but we can unlock for you.
- Price from
- Classic £2,145 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Luxury £3,300 per person based on two people sharing a room
- Extras included
- There are no extras, however you’ll love what’s included as standard
- 13 nights
- Start & Finish
- Starts Tuesdays from Ewen near Cirencester. Finishes London. Ewen is a short taxi ride from the mainline station of Kemble which is 1.25 hours from London Paddington.
- Classic Centrally located hand picked hotels, inns and 3 b&b's
- Luxury 3, 4 and 5 star hotels that include 4 inns dating from the 13th to 17th Century and a 5 star central London hotel
- Activity level
- Not so gentle walking. More info...
- This tour is priced without a guide and you are free to explore on your own. If you would like a guide for part or all of your trip, we are happy to provide a knowledgeable, local guide
- 13 days of walking 6 - 15 miles (10 - 24 km) per day
- More or less flat
- Additional nights in Oxford, Windsor or London
- Shorten the walk with our 'source to Henley' or 'Henley to London' 7 night trips, costing:
- £875 or £940 per person for the classic trips
- £1,140 or £1,595 per person for the luxury trips